- Antitrust Litigation
- Business and Commercial Litigation
- Privacy Litigation and Counseling
- Foreign Sovereign Immunities Act
- Financial Services and Banking Litigation
- Intellectual Property and Trade Secrets
- Real Estate Litigation
- Securities Litigation and Regulatory Enforcement
Mr. Weiler graduated from the University of Michigan Law School, cum laude, in 2004. Prior to that, he earned his Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Michigan in Economics, summa cum laude with departmental honors, where he was also elected to Phi Beta Kappa.
- Advised technology companies concerning interpretation and enforcement of licensing agreements.
- Prosecuted and defended antitrust litigation across pharmaceutical, sports and entertainment, electronics, technology, finance, commodities, food products industries.
- Prosecuted and defended securities related disputes in FINRA arbitration.
- Prosecuted and defended consumer class actions under state and federal law.
- Defended and advised manufacturers concerning antitrust issues related to technology, including FRAND obligations.
- Advised on privacy issues under California law and litigate disputes concerning privacy interests.
- Advised foreign sovereigns and asset holders on litigation and counseling relating to immunity from suit and execution of judgment under the Foreign Sovereign Immunities Act.
- Recovered $399 million in cash settlements on behalf of California purchasers of Ciprofloxacin under California’s Cartwright Act.
- Defeated claims by publicly-traded corporation under California ‘Blue Sky’ laws related to clearing and execution of securities transactions.
- Defeated class action employment claims against foreign sovereign based on foreign sovereign immunity.